Monday, January 17, 2011

Today's ride...

was not easy.


Yah, I'm a big baby. After a week of fighting off a cold I needed to get out for a ride. Today's temperatures and wind chill were single digit cold. I looked forward to trying out my new Endura MT500 show covers. Unfortunately, it was soooo cold I also wore my old neoprene shoe covers over the new covers creating a toasty combination of layers for my toes. My knock-off pogies (a.k.a. moose mitts) worked great today. Overall, my layering choices were ideal for a 3 + hour ride. It was slow going. The snow/ice covered roads were just plain slow. Also, the 34x16 gearing on the singlespeed is getting harder to maintain a 15 mph average so I swapped out a gear to a 2:1 ratio. Hopefully, that should make things a little easier. Although it's difficult to find the motivation to get outside in the morning I will happily forgo the trainer for the outdoor experience. So far, so good.

Trash day on Gale road:


Barn on Vreeland road:


Cairn on the side of the road:

No comments: