Sunday, January 30, 2011

Manchester, Michigan dirt road ride



I went out to Manchester, MI. today to check out the route for the Ragin' Raisin Dirt Classic race taking place here in April. Since I was not familiar with the area I decided to drive the route first to check it out and avoid having to pull out the map during the ride. Smart move. The area was very rural with crunchy, snow/ice covered roads. I parked at the High school and rode the 20 mile loop in the pleasant 20 degree sunshine. It is always enjoyable to ride somewhere different and today's adventure was no exception. There were some nice rolling hills with a few sharp climbs and very little vehicle traffic. I will definitely come back to reverse the loop and double it up.

ROUTE:
Click the small elevation at the bottom of the key for a elevation profile.



Sprawling Oak adorned with tennis shoes:


No comments: