Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crank Brothers Take-Two


I totally DIG my Crank Brother Egg Beater pedals! I have 2 pairs of the Egg Beater C and a pair of the Candy's. I don't plan to change over to anything new at this time. In the past I broke a wing on one pedal and it was repaired by Crank Brothers without any hassle. Below is my post about that experience. Good job Crank Brothers!
BLOG post:

Damn, I broke another wing the other day so I repeated the drill and sent the pedals back for repair. These (and all my pedals) have seen a lot of mileage and I'm aware that they are well beyond their 2 year warranty so I wasn't expecting much. Crank Brothers contacted me to advise me they received the pedals and offered me the following options:

Hello,

I have your pedals here and we can def. get these going for you by replacing
the body and rebuilding them. The body is $10.00 and the SPA/rebuild is
$20.00/pair and includes machine cleaning and rebuild kit.

Or we can offer you an upgrade to the new model Egg Beaters and some prices are
below:

Egg Beater 2 $55.00

Egg Beater 3 $70.00

S/H is $9.00 for either the service or upgrade BUT No Charge if we get a c/c #
before this Thursday as a Holiday Special.

let us know if you have any questions and give us a call and the receptionist
can take your c/c info.

Cheers,

Warranty and Service Dept.
rich@crankbrothers.com
Crank Brothers
310 Broadway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949.464.9916
*Any product left at Crank Brothers for over 30 days becomes property of Crank
Brothers and could result in loss of item.


Although Crank Brothers offer for new pedals was pretty good I chose the Spa treatment for my pedals. My refurbished pedals arrived after a week at the Spa and they appear to be relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for some more miles.

No comments: