Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thank you Shimano!



WOW! I have to hand it to Shimano USA for taking care of me, Mr. Little Customer, by replacing my jacked up Tiagra duel control road shifters. I sent them both back with the required return form from the website and BOOM they arrived at my door a week later. Piece of cake. In a nutshell, I have learned that cables should be swapped out frequently versus annually and to use only the finest stainless steel cable when doing so. My laziness in this area is what led to the worn cables breaking and the barrel head falling inside the shifter mechanism. Yes, I'm fully aware this wouldn't have happened if I was riding a single speed....



This is my second occassion of dealing with Shimano regarding my shifters and they have come through without a hitch. In my mind I have now become a loyal customer.
WOOT!

3 comments:

MIKEWOODS!! said...

Nice work CMo! Confusious say; "the art of bicycle maintenance is for man who don't ride single speed." :)

Unknown said...

Well said, MIKEWOODS!!
Sad, but true.

Par-d said...

Yeah, good for you. Now, when you have the brand new Tiagra shifters you should do the smart thing and sell them. Replace them with new Ultegra, Dura Ace or better yet, SRAM Rival, Force or Red. Then you won't be needing to send anything in for a very long time, if at all. Capice?