Monday, December 21, 2009

Back to the Velodrome

Yesterday marked the last day of Fall here in Michigan. It's cold, snow is covering the ground and I'm putting off riding the trainer. I'm in my "winding down" period of melancholy ho-hum before I turn my attention towards the 2010 season. My teammate Jeff and I headed back over to the Forest City Velodrome in London, Ontario for the Level 2 training class at 2pm. We arrived at 1100 and jumped into 3 hours of open riding. The track is basically divided into two primary lanes. The upper lane for the high speed pace line while the lower lane was for the less-fast pace line. It was cool to be able to move up and down the track between the varied paces and get in some fantastic riding before the class. As it turns out the class was large and things got slowed down a tad although it was a great opportunity to pick up additional information. Our last excercise of the day consisted of a high speed interval drill where the lead rider of the pace line drops down to the bottom of the oval and sprints to catch the tail of the pace line. Once the rider catches up the next lead rider sprints off the front and so on. Great fun!

Track eye-candy!


No comments: