Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last day of 2009...



What a great season! As I trance out on the trainer I recapped my 2009 season and smiled. As a departure from previous seasons of racing I took a new approch and avoided getting tied into any particular race series while discovering a variety of new races and disciplines. It was both humbling and satisfying at the same time. I did several road races and criteriums for my introduction into road racing. I moved up to CAT 4 and discovered I am very slow and I have a long way to go before I can call myself competitive. I did the Mohican 100 endurance race and discovered it was just about the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I will certainly be back for more punishment in 2010. I raced the Peak 2 Peak XC on the singlespeed and discovered that gear ratio choices can either make you or break you. Great race though. I also tryed my hand at cyclocross and discovered how much fun it can be. With the cash grabs and beer hand-ups it is truly the most fun I have had in a bike race yet. Once the snow started to fly here in Michigan I discovered the velodrome in Ontario and tried my hand at track riding. What a RUSH! By doing these things I have opened the door to a host of other cycling disciplines that have piqued my interest. I better get started and dive in before I get too old.

No comments: