Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My new ride...


After 2 months of waiting for my KHS Solo One SE singlespeed to arrive I opted out and made a new choice. I went with the Redline Monocog Flight 29'er. Gotta love that purdy blue color. Amazingly, it arrived in 2 days and I christened her Sunday at Stoney Creek Metro Park in Shelby Township, MI. After my last SS experience I made sure to have plenty of tools nearby, my emergency whistle (just kidding) and my cell phone charged in case it all went to hell. Once I dialed in the fit and tire pressure it was 2 hours of non-stop bliss. The bike was nimble yet solid and made absolutley no noise at all. No chain slap or creaking. The big tires rolled over everything and the Maxxis Ignitor tires allowed me to rail the turns with confidence. My first race on this rig will be this Sunday at Fort Custer. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: