Sunday, March 30, 2008

First Road event


I decided in order to become a better cyclist it would require delving into the world of road riding and racing. The additional riding and training will only help me prepare me for MTB and Cyclocross as well as broaden my knowledge in this arena. I signed up for the AAVC (Ann Arbor Velo Club) Spring Training Series. It's a series designed to introduce new riders and provide instruction as well as a series of Criterium events ranging from beginner to Semi-Pro. I chose to do the C & B events. It was a great learning experience. I couldn't hang on to the pack in either race but I was gratified to be doing something completely different. Watching the A riders was very humbling as they were smokin' fast. I can't wait for next weeks race.
More info can be found HERE.

2 comments:

Doug said...

You doing the Bs again?

Unknown said...

Yes. I plan to do the C-B thing again. What a great experience.