Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday ride

With the threat of more snow heading my way I decided to get in a ride before work. Under cold, grey skies I headed for Edward Hines Drive. The first thing I noticed was a lack of cars. As I neared the first intersection I noticed a barricade and cones with some dude allowing certain cars through the checkpoint. I also noticed a idleing helicopter in a nearby field but dismissed it as contruction related. A mile or so down the road I came upon cars parked on both shoulders and adults pulling their bundled children toward Nankin Mills Park. As I edged my way through the throngs of people I noticed my AVG Speed was taking a hit. Darn pedestrians! Arrived to the park to see hundreds of people assembled in a large open field and the same helicopter dumping marshmallows on the crowd. News helicopters were hovering and crowd control was in full gear. What a scene! As I turned around and made my escape I started to ponder how this had anything to do with Easter? For the past 24 years this has become a tradition. It looked more like a giant mosh pit for kids and parents. Eeeuwwwwwww.
Still glad I made it out for a ride.
Great Marshmallow drop link.

No comments: