Friday, December 3, 2010

Iron Horse Bicycle Classic - May 28-30 2011


I'm geeked! I just signed up for the 40th running of the IHBC! I signed up for the KOM events which includes the 47 mile Road Race from Durango to Silverton followed by the Mountain Bike XC on Sunday. I was registered for this event a couple of years ago (when the road race was canceled due to snow) and basically bagged the trip to Durango. The last time the Iron Horse included a XC race was in 2006. I raced this as a Sport rider and I sucked thoroughly. It started off bad when I missed the start and had to hammer up Chapman Ski Hill from a cold start. For me the best part was rubbing elbows at the finish venue while checking out the results (and picking up their winnings) with luminaries such as Travis Brown, Ned Overend and Shonny Vanlandingham. Just another day at the office for these locals. Chaulk it up to a new experience. Hopefully, I will suck less. On the events tab of the website it indicates the Criterium and MTB race will be going on simultaneously with laps taking place through downtown Durango. Should be interesting. It's a tad pricey but I have wanted to do this for several years. Check out the details. Registration is still open.

Website & Registration:

No comments: