Monday, May 4, 2009

Great day for a ride...


I was visiting the in laws in Shelby Township, MI and worked in a nice ride today. I started off riding down to Bloomer Park and tried to stay mud-free but I had to bag it after several abbreviated laps. There was a great deal of soft ground and mud although the switchback chute is always fun.

At the bottom of the chute a came across this beauty. Orchids, especially in the wild are very cool (in my opinion).

Bloomer mud:

I then rode up to Stoney Creek and turned a few laps where I knew the trail would be dry. The trail is in great shape and is always a pleasure to ride. I did come across one small lake that blocked the trail.

I then rode North to Addison Oaks County park and tried to ride the trail. I came across the Henry Ford family milk house. Addison Oaks is the former summer estate to the Ford clan. Got milk?

I made it about half way around the trail and I decided to bail out along Lake George road through a hole in the fence. I then turned and headed west on Indian Lake road toward Bald Mountain Recreational area.

I did pretty well sticking to the dry trails although I did make a few poor choices.
Bald Mountain has a ton of anthills next to the trail. As I stopped to take a few shots I became a little freaked out when ants started to climb up my leg. There were some very large hills teeming with activity.

I bailed out of Bald Mountain, my water bottles were empty so I headed back to Stoney Creek for a refill and another lap. 60 miles of great riding and dinner never tasted so good. WOOT!

No comments: