Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pure crazanity!!


If I was any good at Photoshop I would have added a turd pile over that dude's shoulder on the State of Michigan. I'll just say it. The weather lately is making me crazanky. Seriously? I hate it when other people talk about the weather although I have come to discover it is constantly on my flipping mind. Precipitation, temperature, wind speed and direction, 7 day forecast, sunrise, sunset, etc., etc.....

Regardless, the paved roads are where it's at right now. Off road conditions are too soft to mess with. Here are a couple of items that have really shined for me on these gloomy days.
The first is Finish Line Wet Lube. For me, this product has performed well over the winter months as well as during the wet season commonly referred to as Spring. Give it a try.


The next useful item is a set of bombproof road tires to get those long training miles in. I would recommend the Continental GatorSkin tires. I ride in the morning before work and I cannot risk screwing around fixing flats far from home with the possibility of running late for work. These tires have been amazing. They are durable and hold up to wear very well. I went with the 25cm width for a bit more surface area and I ride gravel as well as the beat up roads around here. Try them, you will be glad you did.


Right on! Tomorrow's forecast calls for better weather and some base miles.

Thursday: Areas of fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 52. Calm wind becoming east between 5 and 8 mph.

1 comment:

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

yes fully agree..i think we are gonna change tms to tcs. the crap scene.