Monday, November 29, 2010

Is there such thing as a Fall thaw?



Well, today was the much heralded Cyber Monday that follows the Thanksgiving Holiday. Rather than waste my day in front of a computer doing all possible to resist the urge to purchase useless cycling crap I chose instead to go for a ride. Shocking!
I met up with a teammate, Wendell, at Island Lake State Recreation area and rode a few laps of singletrack. At 1000 am, lap 1 was very fast on the frozen singletrack. My tires were hooking up in the turns and it was a blast to ride with someone, especially on an identical bike as my own. It was kinda like looking in a warped mirror, although the guy in front of me was half my weight and age. The temperature kept climbing, the ground thawed and lap 2 was a greasy mess. We then hit the road over to Kensington Metro Park for a lap around the park. All in all, it was a great day to ride and it reminded me of the fact that the Spring thaw is only a few months away.

No comments: