Wednesday, July 1, 2009

broke my pedal...


Yesterday I was 15 miles into a back road ride when I noticed my left foot was not clipped into my Crank Brothers eggbeater pedal. The inner wing was broken which makes the entire pedal no-workie. Upon closer inspection it looks like it may have been weakened by a rock strike sometime in early Spring. I have discovered that whenever an issue arises with just about any product my first move is to go online and check for warranty information. Crank Brothers has a easy, uncluttered website with good basic information. I emailed Crank Brother about the situation and received a reply in less than 30 minutes. I have mailed back the pedals (they want both) and we will now see how they handle this seemingly simple fix.

UPDATE:
After a few email's regarding the progress of the repair, Crank Brothers assured me it would be taken care of. I received the pedals on July 27. They repaired the pedal which most likely took more time. It's all good and I am happy to have it taken care of. Good job Crank Brothers!

2 comments:

Michael Meiser said...

I keep breaking the spring on the egg beaters myself, so I switched to the Quatro... on which I've broken the blade just like this twice.

It's all due lack of support I think.

I've now got a pair of Acid and Mallets on my road and cyclocross/touring bike. No probs yet.

Crank Bros have been very good at warrantying them.

Unknown said...

A. Too bad they keep breaking. I love the egg beaters.

B. Glad to hear Crank Bros are good with the warranty.