Sunday, June 28, 2009

DANI WYSS WINS THE RACE ACROSS AMERICA 2009!!!


Arriving in Annapolis, MD after completing 3021 miles, Swiss rider Dani Wyss wins the solo male division with the second fastest time in RAAM history at 8 Days 5 Hours and 45 Minutes. Dani becomes a two time winner of RAAM.
Race Across America website:

I can honestly say I have never spent much time getting to know much about this event/race. I knew people did it but it never interested me so I just moved on. I was checking out the website and race reports and I have a new found respect for the people who do this race, especially the solo riders. It is freaking insane. The best quote I could find to describe the toughness of the race was this:
"Less than 200 solo and tandem racers have officially finished solo RAAM earning the title of RAAM Finisher, compared with over 2000 individuals who have summited Mt. Everest". Considering this race is very close to the top rung of endurance events this dude rocked the course in a mere 8 days! I am humbled.

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

unreal! thanks for posting this amazing feat!

Unknown said...

yer welcome, Ali. It's stuff like this that makes summiting Everest seem almost "routine". Just reading the story makes me want to take a nap.