Thursday, June 25, 2009

watching the wheel go 'round...


I was working on my bike today and removed a large clump of leaves that was jammed between the front rim and inner bead on the tire. The clump of leaves found it's way into my tire at mile 5 in the Lumberjack 100 when I was stuck amoung a group of riders when the lead rider crashed on a rooted turn and the subsequent pile up had me grabbing too much front brake and over the bars I went. It was a harmless endo and I quickly re-mounted to discover something large stuck to the side of my front tire. The force of the crash had packed the leaves into the side of my Racing Ralph. For the next 9.5 hours (95 miles) I watched this lump of leaves go around and around. I soon found this classic Pretenders tune going around and around in my head for hours.

Watching The Clothes

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

What a clump! And I just love that scrolling lyric thing! :)

(side note: my word verification is "king lame" How funny.)