Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2012 Yankee Springs Time Trial




Back by popular demand for 2012 will be the 23rd edition of the Yankee Springs Time Trail. Yea!
Like I have mentioned in the past, this event has traditionally been the first race of the MTB race season for many years. This race is a great social event and draws a large number of riders from all over the state of Michigan. This is always good news for those who talk of diminishing head counts at mountain bike events, especially for a Time Trial! This years race is capped at 700 riders and it just may hit that mark as the day draws closer. Like most trails and roads on the west side of Michigan, the Deep Lake trail is sandy, drains well and typically perfect for early season riding. This year has been atypical with warmer temperatures and I am hoping for some rain or moisture prior to the event. Current reports indicate the trail is dialed and in great shape. Yea.
I signed up for my age group and also signed up for the singlespeed race immediately following. I prefer to maximize my experience by enduring as much discomfort as possible. This race has never been a strong event for me but I have always had a good time kicking off the season surrounded by new faces and old friends.

Yankee Springs FB page:

Yankee Springs Time Trial website:

BikeReg.com:

No comments: