Thursday, February 24, 2011

2011 Iceman Cometh Challenge Registration



Registration LINK:

Here we go....
I recently received my annual email from promoter Steve "Iceman" Brown announcing registration details for the Iceman Cometh spectacle held Traverse City, Michigan in November. Each year, as the race evolves this email is usually followed by a maelstrom of debate regarding the event. This year the two major changes are the price increase to $75.00 and the event is now USA Cycling sanctioned. Big deal. Simply stated, it's a 2 hour race in the middle of a 2 day party. I dig it and I'm willing to support it. Blah, blah, blah...

Discussion thread:

2 comments:

Arnie said...

$75 ?!? Are you kidding? Oh well, my kid needs to lose a few anyway. One less meal for a week or two ought to do the trick for the 'ole budget and for Jr's waistline. What really concerns me is tire choice. I'm rocking a 29er and I've done some predictions for the weather and my model says that a slicker tread should be the call.

Unknown said...

Yessir! We have nine months to analyze and discuss every conceivable factor that could make or break the experience.
2011 Registration Opens @ 10:00 AM
March 1st. Good luck.