Sunday, March 14, 2010

That Butt Stuff


I just came across a half ounce sample of a product that was given to me during my race in Arkansas. I was having serious chain suck issues and I made the mistake of setting up my pit area without any tools or lube and my car was far from the pit area. I guess I can chalk up this lack of planning as a learning experience. I approached the team row near the finish and asked the kind folks at the white tent (located behind woman's winner Rebecca Rusch in the photo below) if they had any lube.

The two young women manning the tent sprang into action and busted out these little tubes of lube. One spun my crank and liberally applied a generous coat of lube until the chain was fully slathered. She grabbed a rag and wiped off some excess while the other gal gave me a tube for my jersey pocket. I was off and running in less than 60 seconds. Those ladies were great! My chain was fine for the duration of the race and I realized the benefit of carrying a small tube of lube for those 100 mile rides that leave you far away from your tool box. These lubes are small, portable and could also be added to a drop bag. The screw on cap is a great feature too. It only makes sense that they also make a chamois cream. Check it out.
That Butt Stuff link:

No comments: