Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Conti training tires



With the dirt roads and trails still muddy from the Spring thaw I needed a durable tire for the road/cross bike. Even most of the paved roads around here are fairly beat up from the harsh weather and limited maintenance. I ride primarily before work with a time limitation and I can usually find myself pretty far from home. My buddy Daniel hooked me up with the Continental Ultra Gatorskin tires. At 300 grams they are heavy but hell, it's a training tire. For me it is a balanced trade-off. So far I am very pleased with their performance and they are so much faster than the 35 cm cross knobbies that I was running on the road. So far, so good.
BANANAS!!



Bike Tires Direct dot com link:

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

Nice... can't wait to hear how they work on the dirty roads. I'm tired just thinking of changing wheel sets all summer for dirt/pavement. bah.

Unknown said...

I hear you Ali. If I had any sense I would set up a second set of rims for the cross tires and dirt roads. Better yet, a dedicated road bike would cure the problem. I only have a few hundred miles on them but so far the tires have taken a beating and show no signs of cuts or wear.