Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2010 Lumberjack 100 - Sold out!



SWEET SASSIE MOLASSIE!!

When I did my first Lumberjack in 2008 I don't believe the 300 rider limit was even reached by the date of the race. Last year the race reached capacity by sometime in May. I awoke on Monday, February 1 to a voice mail from my buddy Daniel who mentioned I should get moving on this ASAP. Thank you Daniel. I ended up somewhere at the 240 mark and it was 1100 AM. The 6Th annual Lumberjack 100 was sold out by noon the same day. I've asked myself, "Why has this event become so popular"? What is attracting riders to this event? I believe the Lumberjack has simply achieved the correct formula for mass appeal. The 99% singletrack course is unrelenting with little opportunities to recover while covering some great terrain. The mileage is an accomplishment to a wide range of skill levels. The event vibe, food and Founders Ale is top notch. The 300 rider limit creates an urgency to "get in". Promoter Rick Plite and his crew have made the Lumberjack 100 what it is today by keeping it fresh through adaptation, innovation and hard work.

Lumberjack 100 website:

No comments: