Friday, October 2, 2009

2009 Peak2Peak Mountain Bike Classic



Next up, the 4th annual Peak to Peak Mountain Bike Classic taking place Saturday, October 17, 2009 at Crystal Mountain Resort in Northern Michigan. I have wanted to do this race for several years but I usually found ways to get out of it rather than drive the 4 hours to get up to Thompsonville, MI. I had a riding buddy who had an extra entry and lodging at the resort so it was a slam dunk. This is the last mountain bike race in Michigan before the Iceman Cometh on November 7th. More later...

Update:
Awesome place to get in a Fall race! Great trail and vibe. I went big in my gearing and suffered on the last hill to the top of the ski hill. I lost a lot of time walking. Tough course for a singlespeed but it was a blast regardless. Crystal Mountain is easily one of the finer resorts in Michigan. Top notch place.

RESULTS:

No comments: