Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trophee' des Grimpeurs - September 5, 2009


Next up, the un-official Michigan Hill Climbers Championships being held this Saturday at Kensington Metro Park near Milford, Michigan. I like Kensington and the rolling terrain should be a welcome change from the last few criteriums I have sucked so bad at. I like to think of myself as a fairly good climber but I'm not feeling very confident at this time. It's all about the experience. Right? More later...

UPDATE: I had a much better racing experience this time. My warm up was on a trainer in the shade of the parking lot. I was able to hang with the pack for at least four of the seven laps before I got dropped on a climb. I was able to reel in a few stragglers and finished 22nd out of 35ish. I still have a long way to go before I can start to feel comfortable in these events but getting my ass kicked feels OK for now.

RESULTS:

Registration:

Race Flyer:

No comments: