Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fox Float shock rebuild


I love my full-squishy 26" Kona. My back loves it too. I had noticed myself pumping up the rear shock more and more indicating that the shock was loosing air. The beauty of this shock is that Fox Racing designed it without dampers or oil which can add weight to a shock. The shock works on air pressure, but over time the seals can wear out. Thanks to the beauty of the Internet I located a less-expensive (cheap) alternative to sending my shock back to Fox to have it rebuilt. PUSH Industries. They offer services and products which helped out. I purchased the rebuild kit for $8.95 and did it myself in a half hour. I referred to the Float Seal Kit Service Video which really helped out. If your air shock is acting up do yourself a flavor and service it. Happy trails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The beauty of this shock is that Fox Racing designed it without dampers or oil which can add weight to a shock"
It DOES have oil in it's damper. Hence it has rebound and lockout. How else do you think it accomplishes those?