Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend


Daniel's rendition:

What a fantastic weekend to celebrate Easter and squeeze in a couple of great rides. Saturday I took advantage of the great weather and rode from the in-laws house in Rochester, MI to Bloomer County park and rode a lap. Conditions were a bit soggy so I decided to head north to Stoney Creek Metro park for a couple of laps. Stoney was dry and the trail was in great shape. I then rode up to Addison Oaks County park for a lap and decided the trail was too soggy and headed back to Stoney Creek for one final lap. After 3.5 hours of riding I needed to get back for dinner. For Sunday, I headed over to Pontiac Lake to meet Daniel and MV. My first lap was a disaster. I struggled with my pace and finding good lines in the singletrack. I blasted a sharp rock and quickly flatted. All fixed, I was back on the trail when I had a mechanical with my rear derailleur. I finished the lap and re-grouped back at the car. I ran into Pimpin, we chatted and I headed out for a much better lap. Pontiac is always a great training ground and I was glad the "hell lap" was behind me. The singletrack feels great to ride again.
Pontiac Lake singletrack has plenty of teeth:

No comments: