Saturday, March 28, 2009

TK Lawless Fabulous50


I have just wrapped up a week of honeydew work at our house in Edwardsburg, MI. E'Burg is a small, rural village located in the SW corner of Michigan and offers plenty of open roads which are best suited for road riding. I did, however, map out a great gravel road ride for the MTB that takes me to TK Lawless County Park for some excellent training miles with a little bit of singletrack tossed in. No driving is necessary as this ride takes me from my door 20 miles to the trailhead. TK Lawless is a tight 10 mile trail that offers a variety of features with very little traffic. I am usually alone out there during the week. During this time of year, the leaves cover the trail and without much activity the trail is often obscured. Riding the singletrack after a long winter took some adjustment but it was a thrill to get up to race pace and I only bit it twice (my front wheel kept washing out). It sure beats riding in a straight line. It's all good and I was still able to get my choirs completed.
ROUTE

No comments: