Sunday, March 22, 2009

Greyhound Team Time Trial - Part 2

Well, the results are being tabulated and it was an awesome day for our kick-off event. The first event always reminds me of the first day of school. You see old friends and meet new ones as well. The turnout was good but we still had a few key players missing in action. The weather conditions were ideal although the head winds heading back to the finish made it hurt. A lot. My legs felt strong but I noticed my difficulty maintaining the level of intensity without wanting to puke. With all the training miles I have so far this year I still lack the intensity found in most competitive events. A HUGE thank you goes out to Kevin and the volunteers and also to Jenni and Dan for the Buddy's Pizza Party. What a great group of people. Go Greyhounds!
Ritzy sporting his Mello Johnny:

Mike Woods and his spanking brand new BMC:

Orange Peel briefing the riders:


Afterwards @ Buddy's Pizza:




No comments: