Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stoney Creek USAC XC


I woke up today to the sound of much-needed rain. It was still early and my start time was at 1pm so I rolled over and buried my head in my pillow for a few more minutes. The radar showed clearing weather to the West and I could dismiss the notion of a sloggy race. Today was the 8Th and final race of the Michigan USAC XC Series. I wasn't taking part in the series but felt this would be a great event to take part in. Stoney never disappoints me. The Elite and Expert riders were still out on the course when I arrived. The sun was out and the trail was getting drier.

Smokin' fast teammate Jeff Wittbrodt on his way to another win!

My race went well although it was another 7Th place finish in the Open Singlespeed class. The dudes in my group are just plain fast. A couple of leaders of the geared Sport class that started behind me caught up to me on the first lap. I rode three laps exchanging leads with them up until the very end. I rode clean, consistent laps while reeling in a few guys from my group on the last lap. Next year I plan to take one of these sweet Series trophies home with me. RESULTS.

No comments: