Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Addison Oaks XC


Sunday September 21 marked the 7th race of the 8 race MMBA CPS series. Addison Oaks county park in Oakland county Michigan is the former summer retreat for the Henry Ford family. The trail is 7 miles in length and is a great trail that just keeps getting better each year. It has great features and flow which makes for very fast lap times averaging 30 minutes or so. This annual race has always been hosted by Oakland county parks and this year it has been handed over to the local chapter of the MMBA to become a fundraiser event. Because of this several aspects of the event were changed, specifically the singlespeed format. I had it in my head we were doing 3 laps just like the Sport class. My bad. I turned 3 decent laps and headed to the finish chute. Peeled my timing chip off and tossed it in the bin. As I looked around the finish area it dawned on me what I had just done and my chip was long gone. The one time when the Singlespeed class actually rides the same distance as the Expert riders and I blew it. Cie la vie. It was a great day for a race and the team had a great outing. RESULTS.
"Sleeveless Dan"

No comments: