Sunday, February 5, 2012

Strava



I do not consider myself much of a tech when it comes to cycling. For years I resisted using a cyclometer or heart rate monitor and just rode to the rhythm of my body. Over the years the science behind effective training was spiraled to new heights monitoring every possible factor which could relate to performance. I will spare you the details but I am not one to embrace the technology and prefer a simple approach to my riding. Hell, my cyclometer was enough of a challenge for a simpleton like me. I knew a Garmin wasn't in my future but I realized my cell phone was standard issue on my rides. I discovered an app called Strava that is easy to use and the basic app is free with a premium app available for a small monthly fee. The data synch's quickly to the Stava website with detailed information that even I can figure out.
Check it out.

Strava website:

My first ride using Strava:
http://app.strava.com/rides/3916984

No comments: