Monday, January 25, 2010

Spa City 6 hour XC



Race info and flyer:

OK, not to appear too critical but this event has the lamest race flyer EVER! As a promoter wouldn't you want to stir up excitement in your event and take the time to UPDATE your race flyer. It's been the same layout for 3+ years. If the event is promoted as exciting or edgy I may be more inclined to shell out the scratch, tell all my friends about it and drive the 12+ hours to take part in a great event. Simple. Market your product and you will see results regardless of whether you are a non-profit organization or in it for the money. Sigh.


This increasingly popular event is coming to the town of Hot Springs, Arkansas on February 27th. My brother lives in Little Rock, AR and I have always wanted to try out this race for several years now. This year I will finally get the opportunity. The prospect of an early season race, especially an endurance event such as this gives additional purpose to my off-season training. In years past, most XC races usually start by mid-April. I just hope the temperatures are mild. Arkansas riding is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone out there.

No comments: