Sunday, November 8, 2009

2009 Iceman Cometh Challenge race report


Men's results: Women's results: What can I say? It was a fantastic day of racing. Kalkaska to Traverse City, Michigan and the temperatures were the warmest ever. I rode the 40+ Singlespeed class on a rigid 29'er with a 34x17 gear ratio. The 1 mile start through Kalkaska had me spinning my legs off regretting my gear selection. The field was gone right off the bat! I looked back and saw only a handful of riders in my class and I knew I would have to pick off a lot of folks out on the trail. The next 2 hours were a blur as I passed an endless stream of riders. I was happy with my gearing out on the trail and anything taller would have hurt me as the hills kicked up near the end of the course. I rolled in 24th in my class with a 2:04:xx. Check out the photos and clips. More to follow: Velonews recap:
Iceman Expo: Sweet singlespeed: Sam Schultz, JHK, Heather Irmiger: Pro start: Williamsburg Road crossing: Last hill: Kelli Emmett: \ 2009 Michigan Youth Cycling Scholorship winner Cory Stange 12-18


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Alison Dunlap, not Allison Sydor.

Unknown said...

Yah, I knew it the moment I said it. I didn't want to edit the clip. Good catch.