Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yesterday's ride...




I've realized that I have backed off the MTB racing this season. This wasn't planned but I needed to try some new things. The races are great for maintaining race level fitness but I've been doiing these races for years and wanted to try some new things. I have also been spending more time with the family on weekends. I train every day during the week before work scattered with a few road races and crits on weekends. It's been great. I train on the cyclocross bike on the rolling dirt roads outside of Ypsilant-Ann Arbor, MI. Although the knobby tires are slower they offer more versatility to explore. I see some cool things along the way and it keeps me off hazardous paved roads and certain death. Yesterday's ride took me to Dexter, MI along the Huron River. Training rides are cool.

No comments: