Sunday, November 30, 2008

Winter rides...


Well, the Fall weather in Michigan has quickly turned to winter weather and riding conditions have remained pretty good so far. I wear plenty of thin, insulating layers to keep me toasty warm. We have had some snow which is actually great to ride on (as long as it's not too deep), especially if it is crunchy and cold. Once it warms up a bit, the snow quickly becomes slick, sloppy and difficult. I have been riding the dirt roads of Macomb and Washtenaw counties on the single speed and the experience has been pretty good. The roads have dried up and I will be taking the cross bike out soon. The XC season may be over but conditions outside allow me to continue to ride while avoiding the gym until it's absolutely necessary.
Thanksgiving Day ride:

No comments: