Monday, August 25, 2008

Maybury Time Trial


Saturday, August 23'rd marked the 6th race of the MMBA CPS series. The Maybury Time Trial was held at Maybury State Park. The course was short (8 miles) and the trail was dry and dusty. The Chapter that hosted the event re-arranged the start times in order for the Beginners to race first and have the opportunity to hang around and watch the Elite & Expert riders. As a result, I spend the greater part of the day hanging around the team compound, snacking, pre-riding with anyone and trying to stay cool. My start time was 1430 and I was the first rider in the singlespeed class. My teammate, Daniel (with Abe Lincoln beard) was 30 seconds behind me and once out on the trail he kept "talkin' smack" at every switchback as he eventually reeled me in with a mile to go. My left calf started to cramp on the asphalt road leading toward the finish. I pushed and finished 6th at 37:45.42. It was a good day to race and the team had some great results in their respective classes. Results HERE.
Jeff Wittbrodt (J-Dub) on his way to setting the fastest time of the day.

No comments: